Sunday, September 9, 2007

Draft Options

[The following is a copy of an email sent to the league]
There are two options for the draft:

The first (and obvious) option is to do the live draft as it is currently scheduled (unless a majority have a problem with the time). In this plan, you will need to pick your franchise players in the first two rounds. Failure to pick them then will result in loss of the draft spot (I will drop the player you choose instead) and will open your franchise player to selection in the general draft. Quickly put, you need to have all other franchise players on the exclude list and you MUST pick your players with your first and second pick. With this option, there is no chance to trade draft slots, players, etc while the draft is in motion.

The second option is to do the draft through the fantasy blog. The success of the expansion draft leads me to believe that this would be doable. I would put a post on the blog citing the draft rules and the selection would happen in the comments (I may split it into a couple of posts for clarity's sake). One major rule would be to make sure that you type both the first and last name of the player to avoid any confusion. Other than that, trading would be allowed in almost any form that teams would find acceptable. I would make sure to keep up with the selections in Yahoo so that you don't have to keep scrolling down through the comments to find who has been chosen. This would take a little longer (we have ~2 weeks) but would allow anyone to participate in the draft without having to sit down at the computer at a specific time. Also - if you want an "autopick" option during this draft, you can always email me your potential picks and any additional instructions like "draft a winger in the 5th round".

Which option do you prefer?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Offline sounds good to me. Is there any way to set a time limit for each pick (like 24 hours) to keep the draft moving.

Anonymous said...

I support the offline draft.

Charles said...

I think it may be best to say each round is limited to 1 day (or so). The later rounds can be compressed, I think. Also, I think I'll allow picks to be submitted by phone or email, too. (Of course, I'm not posting my number here but it will be in an email.)